Outfits 9 months ago Hacks for your holiday road trip
Driving to Thanksgiving this year? We cruised up the coast to Santa Barbara last weekend and will be making the trip back for Thanksgiving this week. It’s a short 2 hour cruise, but sometimes I find myself really restless when we get stuck in traffic. In the event that you will be on the road this week, I’ve put together this little list of my top tips to keep you sane for your travels.
1. Take a polaroid pit stop or Instagram moment. You’d be surprised what a quick stretch can do for the spirit. We pulled over and found this sweet spot just off the highway.
2. Bench ! I use car time as the perfect time to load up my cart. The pieces I’m wearing in this post are a part of the by . All purchases made from this collection during Black Friday through Giving Tuesday (11/26) will take 100% of the profits and give back to the community that made them in Arequipa, Peru. The give-back campaign supports childcare, education, clean water and worker training.
3. Prep a Playlist: When you have a strong playlist ready to rock out to, it makes the drive feel more fun. Check out my for playlists I’ve created.
4. You absolutely must dress comfortably! On my drive back down to LA, I wore the because it’s made from cozy fabrics. I had a on under my sweater in case I got too hot on the trip. I have to honestly say that I’m usually itching to get out of my car clothes, but this outfit was so comfortable I ended up wearing it the entire day.
5. Make sure your furry friend is comfortable too. There’s nothing worse than a panting dog in your ear the entire drive. We’re always sure to put Polly’s bed in the backseat and offer her plenty of shade for our road trips.
6. Don’t forget your iPhone car charger!
This post was created in partnership with . All thoughts & opinions remain my own.